Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, January 22, 2016

Making a curtain rod, curtain and a topper for a dollhouse



The first thing I do is get a piece of good cardboard material. The cardboard that holds water or if you do canning the boxes are good too. I measure the window to see how far down and over I want the topper to be. I marked the lines with a pencil.  The next picture you will see the paper cups I used to make the decorative cutouts for the topper.  I place the cups next to each other and draw the half circles on the cardboard.




In this picture you see the cups I used.





You need to score the ends so you will be able to bend the ends back.  




I used felt for this window, you can use any material for a different look. Customize it!





You can see in this picture I cut out the half circles in the cardboard.  I also made lines on the material which I will cut these lines for slits for making the circles easier to glue the material to.


In this picture I cut the slits.



If you look in the picture I folded the ends.  Under this picture you can see three popsiclestricks which I use to make curtain rods for the other curtain that goes under the topper. I measure the window for the curtain rod to be the right size for the window.  Make sure the Popsicle sticks are shorter than the topper or the topper won't fit over top.





This is a look at the popsiclestricks on their sides.





This is a front view of the sticks. This is the front you will be putting your curtain on.





This shows the material I glued on for a curtain make sure you leave extra on top so you can glue it over the top for a finished look.




This is the finished look on the rod.




This is the curtain which is glued over the top of the window.




Now back to the topper. This is the material glued to the cardboard. As you can see the ends are folded in these are the areas that you glue it to the wall. 




This is what the front looks like at this point.




I'm using this snowflake for a piece of decoration on the topper. I'm cutting a piece off of it.




In this photo I glued on the piece off the snowflake. I also glued on lace around the bump out curtain.





I wanted to show you what the back looks like.




This is what the window looks like with both curtains up.  You can use any material, customize it.  If you wanted to you could also make tie back curtains for the bottom.  Hope this gives you some ideas. It's cheaper to make curtains for your dollhouse.




















No comments:

Post a Comment