Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Make a minature tv out of a single apple pie box



This is what your going to be making into a minature tv for a dollhouse.  You can buy them in the store they are single serving pies.





The first thing you do is remove the price tag, don't rip the plastic in the window are this is going to be your tv screen.  Then download some pictures off the internet for what you want to see on tv.  If your want make a copy of a family picture and put your family on tv or maybe a movie star, singer etc. it's your choice.  You glue the picture to the inside of the plastic so you can see it in the window area.  I use modge pod it dries clear.





This is what it will look like.  I also added some plastic to the inside from a water bottle holder for weight.




This is the plastic I used, you can use whatever you want.




I always keep the wood that I have left over from putting dollhouses together just in case I need them.





I cut two pieces of thin wood one for the top of the tv and one for the bottom that I glue on.





In this picture I put a weight on top to glue down the top wood.  I also added some wood trim.




This is the side.





This is the back.





In this picture I painted the boxes brown and painted the trim work black.  I also added yellow dots for decorations.  The knobs on the bottom are the circles from a shower curtain that help hold up the curtain, I added beads to the center to make the tv knobs.  I also added some lace for decoration.





This is a closeup of the lion king tv.



This is a closeup of lady and the tramp tv.





This is the back.





I needed rabbit ears for the antenna, I made it out of a piece of wood and a small dowel cut to size.




I colored the rabbit ears black, silver and added small silver beads to the tops of the dowels.  If you want the tv to light up just add the top of a solar light to the back of the box.  Drill a hole so the little nub can fit right in it.  Just make sure that there is no plastic on the inside before you put in a light, add something else on the inside for the weight. Or add battery operated lights.  It all up to you, have fun!



















No comments:

Post a Comment