Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Making Andy's bed from Toy Story Part I


The first thing I did was draw a picture of the headboard and foot board. 


I used balsa wood which is a soft wood and it is easy to work with. I cut out the footboard.


I then cut out another footboard but this time I cut out a piece of moon shape in it, this is going to be the headboard.


Then I cut out the two pieces that go under the head and footboards.


I then used a round toothpick to make the pieces that attach the top of the head and footboards to the supports.  I used the end of the toothpick to make a hole in both pieces and then cut small pieces of the toothpick to make "dowels". Then I poured glue on both ends and connected the two pieces together.  I had to do this to the footboard and headboard.


In this picture both pieces are glued together. The toothpick "dowels" really help out.  I then took a screw driver and made a dent in the top middle and bottom middle, its time to put the decorative lines in it.



I added toothpicks that I cut down and made the dents in the wood so that the toothpicks could be glued down.


These two pieces of wood came from something I broke apart, that's where I get a lot of my wood from.  I cut these pieces down to the size of the side railings for the sides of the bed frame.  It all depends on how big I want the bed to be.



I then took a dowel and cut pieces that will go on the front and back of the bed.  If you look at the photo you will see the poles.  I picked these beads that you see on the tops of the dowel.  I had to whittle away some of the width of the tops of the dowel so they would fit the beads.  I glued the dowels into the beads.


In this picture you can see where I glued the posts on and also the side railings.


This is another view.


I then cut a piece of the balsa wood to make the floor of the bed, this is where the mattress will sit.


I then glued on a piece of balsa wood across the bottom to give it a finished look.



The rest of the steps will be here, part II

No comments:

Post a Comment