Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, March 25, 2019

Making a beautiful table for a dollhouse using Melissa and Doug wood container


My daughter bought something for her son, it came in this wooden crate.  She didn’t want to throw it out, she knew I could use it.  Well I needed a table for a dollhouse so here it goes.


The first thing you do is take out two rows of the wooden sticks on the sides, don’t take out the last row that is left for your table.


Here’s what it looks like after you take out the two rows of sticks.


You can put a border around the edge of the table, I used this. The next picture you see will be with this border on it.



In this picture you can see the border, which I glued into place around the table.


Here’s what the side looks like.


I wanted some decorative pieces on the legs so I used these ornaments which I got from Michael's craft store during Christmas time.  You can also find them sometimes at thrift stores and garage sales. I’m going to cut pieces off them.


You can see on the legs of the table the pieces that I used.


Another view.


After looking at the table, I decided to add some trim around the top where I glued on the other wood trim.  You can leave the trim on only or add some other trim to it.



At some dollar stores they sell plastic in rolls that have pictures on them, I bought 2 feet worth off the big roll.  Then I cut the pictures separately, this is one of the pieces I will be using this for the top of the table.


I then took some metallic gold paint and with my finger rubbed it all over the table top. Next is to glue on the plastic picture using mod podge.


Here it is with the plastic piece glued on with mod podge.  I know you can see the white glue under it but the best thing is, it dries clear.


I thought I would show you how beautiful it looks set up with items.


Here is the table inside the dining room in the dollhouse. The rug under the table is made from a placemat. You too can make a beautiful table with your imagination, and it will soar!



No comments:

Post a Comment