Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Making a frame for an antique metal photo

This is the type frame you start with, a cheap wooden one. You can find them at most craft supply stores.


Here’s the antique metal picture, I need a nice frame it so I can put it in a dollhouse.


The first thing you do is paint the whole frame including the back with black paint.  Then you take some copper colored paint and using your finger smear on copper paint over the black. You also need to be taking some of the copper paint off as your putting it on.


This is a belt I bought from a dollar store, I like using these types of belts for different projects.  I’m using pieces off it for the corners of the frame.


Here is the frame with the corner pieces which I glued on with tacky glue.



I then added some metallic gold paint around the edges and also used some black paint for different areas.


Here is what the frame looks like with the photo framed. It makes this beautiful photo stand out now.  You could add some more details to the sides if you want or any other designs.  Use your imagination and it will soar!


No comments:

Post a Comment