Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, March 1, 2019

Making bottom trim for a dollhouse

This is the room that I need trim for on the bottom of the walls.


All you need are scrabble pieces and popsicle sticks. You can find old Scrabble games at garage sales or flea markets for cheap (usually missing a few pieces). 


 The first thing you're going to do is glue the scrabble pieces down around the bottom of the walls. When you get to an area that the whole scrabble piece won't fit you are going to need to cut it down. In the next photo I will show you the tool that I use.


This will be your favorite tool, it cuts fantastic, the best part is you can buy it online.  I cut the scrabble pieces down with this if I need to. It'll cut through quite a few materials and items that are otherwise difficult to cut.


In this picture I also added popsicle sticks over the scrabble pieces on the bottom touching the floor. It makes for pretty good bottom trim.  I then painted over the whole thing with paint that I mixed with crafting sand that children use at carnivals.  This way, it fills in small openings and gives texture to the bottom trim.  So if you don't have money for trim, make your own its cheaper. Use your imagination and it will soar!


No comments:

Post a Comment