Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, March 4, 2019

Making beautiful wainscoting with playing cards and popsicle sticks

This is what the room looked like when I first started. A nice blank canvas to work on. I just gave it a quick coat of any color paint.


I then decided to use these playing cards, I liked the design.


In this picture you can see what the room looks like now.  I started next with the door and glued down one card on the bottom next to the door on the left side of the picture.  Next I use hot glue and glued down one popsicle stick next to it the same height as the card.  Then I lay a card down and used tacky glue, then another popsicle stick.  I did this all around the room, sometimes you might have to cut the cards to fit different areas. Like under the windows, I simply turned the cards sideways and also cut them to fit the area.  After I finished this part the next thing I did is to make a border around the top edges of the cards using popsicle sticks. After you make this border go all the way around, you then add one more border around the area where you can see the gap between the card and the top border.  Hopefully you will understand with the pictures.


Another view.


And another view. Use any playing cards you want, use your imagination and it will soar!



No comments:

Post a Comment