Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Making a beauty and the beast themed room in a dollhouse

If you look at this picture you can see the attic, the room is very blah.  I decided to make it a beauty and the beast room.


I printed these pictures off the internet under google searching painted mural ceilings.  I am going to paint the ceiling a dark purple color and glue these on both sides of the ceiling.


I also looked up stained glass windows for beauty and the beast. I printed out a lot of these. I'm using them for the back wall in the attic area you will see this in the pictures.


In this picture you can see the purple ceiling and the picture that I mod podged on the ceiling.  After the mod podge dried I put a coat of mod podge over top of the picture to seal it.  I also used some chess pieces for statues that I lined up going down the sides of the attic area.  In beauty and the beast beauty was looking at statues down the hallway on the way to her room.  I also looked up what the floor looked like in the movie and painted a little different floor like the one in the movie.


This is the attic on the other side of the room.  As you can see I did the same thing on this side.  I also added some figures.  The purple decorative looking fence is from a plastic barbie dollhouse that someone threw in the garbage.  Never turn your back on any type of dollhouse that is broken there are many pieces you can take apart and use.


If you look at the back wall you can see how I used the stained glass panels. I mod podged them on the back wall spaced like windows.  I painted with black paint triangle looking designs to give the panels a different look.  I also added a little statue of a castle by the back wall.  You can make any room in a dollhouse a theme.  Use your imagination and it will soar!


No comments:

Post a Comment