Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A new doll house that I refurbished and made furniture etc.

 
I'm finally back on for my blogs.  Here is what I started with a doll house that needed a lot of work.  Well let's get to it.  As you can see this is what the inside looked like from the back.
 
 
 

This is another view of the inside.




This is another view.




This is another view.




This is another view.





this is what the front of the doll house looks like at this point.




I wanted a tiled floor in the bathroom with a wood inlay in the middle.  What I did was tiled the floor and in the center made a design with popsicle sticks.  



Of course the house needed rugs so I installed carpet tiles throughout the whole house.



I also put wallpaper on all the walls in this house.



This is another one of the rooms which I wall papered and hung up border also.  You can see a fake stained glass window on the front wall of this bedroom.



This is another one of the bedrooms.



This is the kitchen area.  I put a fake wood floor down and also fake brick paper on one wall and wallpaper on the other walls.



This is the hallway area.  I wallpapered and put down carpeting also.

 
This is another one of the bedrooms in this home. 



This is a close up of the kitchen wall.



After building up the shutters and painting the house and sided the house with popsicle sticks this is what it looked like.  I also decorated the front door.



This is what the bathroom turned out looking like.  I made all the fixtures in this bathroom.  In the front window you will see a glass fixture which I made to put a solar light in it so it lights up at night.



This is one of the bedrooms.  The lamp with the red top was made from a doll skirt I bought from a garage sale which was made of safety pins and beads.  This lights up at night with a solar light.  I used a coaster for a round rug.  I made the bed out of a wooden outlet cover, I cut the top and bottom off it for the headboard and footboard.  I painted the pieces and added wood pieces.  Minature frames work great for hanging pictures.



Here is the children's room.  I made a dressing table out of balsa wood.  If you look by the front window you will see another solar light fixture.  I put them in all the rooms so they light up.



Here is the kitchen area.  I had to make cabinets, a refrigerator, stove, sink.  I also added some little jars and put little signs on them that say oatmeal, sugar, flour.  I also added a little bit of each in the jars.



Here is the hallway area.



Here's the parlour.  I made a fireplace with a plasma tv on top.  I made it also so it would light up with a solar light at night.  When it's lit it lights up the whole parlour area.  I made the table and chairs the same way as my other doll house blog.  I'm glad I was able to show you my new doll house I refurbished.  I hope this gave you some ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment