Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, August 30, 2013

Glow in the dark solar project with birds installed.

 
 
I'm going to be using this metal type plant holder cage.
 
 
 


I'm also using this glass square piece which was off another lamp.



I'm also using this globe.  I spray painted this globe later in the blog with glow in the dark paint, this globe will now glow green at night and being lit up on the inside with a solar light it looks GREAT!!




This is the lamp I will be using as a base for my project.  However, I will be spray painting it to match the plant cage.



I am also using this round piece which was off a light fixture.  I'm taking the bracket off the middle so it will be flat.



This is the top of the plant cage after I spray painted it a little different green color to match the lamp base.



In this picture you will see the lamp base on the bottom which has been painted the green color.  On top of that I installed the cage and on the inside of the cage I installed the round piece so it would stay firmly on top.  Then on top of that I installed the glass square piece which I spray painted green also.




I bought these little birds from a garage sale 4 of them for 25 cents.  I'm using them for this project.



The gold piece on the left was from a trophy I took apart.  On the right is a fake flower which I will be hot gluing to the trophy piece.



Well after adding the round piece with the flower on the front I decided to paint some vases under them and some leaves.  I also did some gold, red and black detailing on the lamp base, and the plant cage.




This is what the finished project looks like.  I hot glued the globe to the inside of the glass piece and topped it off with a solar light. The item is not crooked the table it's on is.



This is a close up of the one of the birds I installed on this item.




This is a close up one of the sides of the base.




This is a close up of the top.  There are four sides around this base so I put vases in each area along with the flowers.  There are also four birds on this item.  Remember they do sell glow in the dark spray paint.   When the glow in the dark spray paint is put onto a globe one layer at a time it glows green at night.  I put on at least 4 layers of paint.  With the solar light it looks GREAT!!  I hope this gave you some ideas.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment