Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Here is the dollhouse house bed that I made for the dollhouse

 
 
I started off with these two pieces.  The one on the left is a cheap dollar store box.  On the right is a wooden piece that I got from the craft store.
 
 

The first thing I did was take the piece of wood you saw above and cut the bottom off and the top piece off.  The top piece I made longer than the bottom.  One piece is going to be the footboard and the other is going to be the headboard.



This is something I just threw in here for you to see.  I needed a bathtub so I made it from the bottom of this grater.  I spray painted the holder on the outside white and added some legs,  Instant bathtub.



After adding the footboard piece on this is what it looked like on the bottom.  You can see the difference in height of the materials which I'm going to take care of.


I added some popsicle sticks to make the same height.  




At this point this is what the bed looked like.



Then I added some popsicle sticks to make the slates of wood that holds up the mattress.




I then measured a piece of cheap wood and cut it down to fit the top for the mattress area and on top of it added some batting material.  Now I have a mattress pad.



You then can paint it any color you want.  I colored it brown and added some details.  I also cut up a piece of a towel for a blanket.



I hope this gives you an idea of how you can make a doll bed for your doll house.  You can see I also added some wood balls underneath for the legs.



No comments:

Post a Comment