Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A little praying angel boy w/solar light

 In this photo you can see the lamp that I'm using for this project.  I'm not using all the parts of this lamp as you will see in the other photos.  I will use the rest of them in another project.


 




In this photo you will see the parts of the lamp that I will be using.  I took out all the electrical wiring.




In this photo you will see a piece off another lamp that I will be using.




This is the lamp glass shade that I will be using for this project.  









In this photo is the metal bar which comes inside of a lamp.





This is another piece off another lamp which I will be using for this project.



This is the solar light that I will be using the top portion.




This is a circle mirror that I will be using for this project.



This is a statue of a boy angel with glass wings that I will be using for this project.



The first thing I'm going to do is hot glue the little angel on top of the decorative mirror.



The next thing I did was glue the angel which is on top of the mirror onto the top of one of the lamp pieces which I showed in the beginning.  Now I have a base for the angel.




Next I hot glued the whole entire angel setup into the glass globe that I'm using for this project.
 





Next I took the lamp parts with the metal bar installed in the center as you can see in the picture and started to add the different lamp pieces onto it.  I also took this outside and spray painted it a hammered gold color.




I also added another piece of a lamp onto the top and painted it the same color.




You can see in the picture looking down into the piece that I have the bar with a bolt installed to hold all the pieces together.





Next I put the whole glass globe which has the angel in it on top of the piece I put some hot glue to hold it sturdy.  I also added a little white dove on the left side which I have connected to a pipe cleaner and glued to the inside of the glass.  The bird looks to be flying.  I also added some red beads.  Also in the picture you can see the top of the solar light which I put on top with the little light hanging down over the angels head. 



You can see the base of this item which I added a mirror and I also painted the leaves on the bottom red.  I also added a little bit of green around a small band.  I also added some more red beads.



 
I also hand painted the little round berries for decoration and added some green under it.





This is what the finished project looks like.  I also put on a picture of what it looks like lit up.


 
 
 
This is what the item looks like lit up.  The angels wings light up due to the fact they are made of glass.  Any type of lamp and decorations can make any ordinary item into something unique and beautiful.    This beautiful praying angel would make a nice night light for a child's room or even for someone special.  It's unique!! I hope this gives you some ideas of your own to try.  There is so many different ways to use old lamp fixtures and knick knacks, the list go on ......
 

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment