Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, June 14, 2013

Princess project with solar light New!!

This is one of the items I will be using for this project.  this is an old outside light fixture with beveled type glass.
 
 
This is another item I will be using for this project.  This was an old item that used to hold nuts for thanksgiving it also had a center piece which held the nutcracker and pickers.  This part was removed I didn't need it.  I had to drill a larger hole in the center so I could fit the threaded bar through it.
 

 
This is a piece that came from another light fixture.
 
 
 
This piece was from the old brass lamp which I used on one of the projects I listed already.  I like to use as many pieces from my items as I can.
 
 
This is what my project looked like when I put some of the pieces together.
 
 
This is the top of the item looking down as you can see I added some pieces together using one of the threaded bars from another lamp and a bolt to hold them together.
 
 
This is what the project looked like just before I added another piece to it.
 
 
I put the outside light fixture on top and also bolted it down.  I also took out the beveled glass so I could clean it up and also so I wouldn't get any paint on the glass when I painted it.  Also in the picture you will see two new pieces I will also be using.  A decorative mirror circle and a piece off a light fixture.
 
 
This is a close up of the light fixture piece I will be using.
 
 
After I installed the light fixture piece also on the inside top area which you can see in the picture I painted the whole item with black exterior spray paint.
 
 
I then added some detailing.  I added red beads, green glass circles and trim that is black with gold detailing.
 
 
I also added some more detailing. I also hot glued the circle decorative mirror to the top and put a water globe with a princess which I also hot glued on top. 
 
 
I also added some square opal color marble type pieces around the inside top area.
 
 
You can see in this photo what it looked like after the detailing work was done.  I also put the beveled glass back in.
 
 
I than added to the top a cover to an old light fixture and the top to a solar light.
 
 
This is what my project looks like lit up.   I hope you enjoyed this craft.  Any type of lamp fixtures and lamps can be taken apart and mixed to make something unique and different. 
 















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment