Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Old Grecian type oil lamp turned into a unique piece.

 
 
 
This project I'm going to show you, is what you can do with those old Grecian Oil type lamps.  In this photo you will see I have already taken it apart.  However, when you take one of these lamps apart you will be surprised how much oil it has accumulated through the years, so you will need to clean out the whole thing after it's taken apart.  But it's worth it !!!!
 
 



In this picture you will see the bottom piece for the lamp which was washed out good and all loose paint scraped off.




In this picture you will see the lamp after I spray painted it with hammered gold spray paint.



In this picture you can see I added some rocks, fake vines to the poles and some red berries. 



 
In this picture you will see the inside top of this item.  Note the holes in the top, these holes once held the fishing type wire for this lamp which I removed.  I will be using these holes for something else as you will see.  There is another piece that goes over top of this as you will see in the photos that follow, so you won't see these holes or anything you add to this area.




These are mini ornaments which I will also be using.  I bought these at a garage sale as you can see on the package.



I will also be using these crystal looking decorations.



In this picture you will see the inside of the top which has the holes.  I used one of the crystal looking ornaments in this photo.  The wire I will be using is wire which holds the ornaments on a tree.  I connected the crystal looking item on one end and ran the wire threw the hole then attached it to the little ornament that I bought from a garage sale.  I did this so I could hang up the crystal ornaments and not worry about it falling down, this worked out great.




In this picture you can see the crystal looking ornaments which I hung around this lamp.



I also added some red paint in different areas, and also some green round decorative  pieces.   In this photo you can see the top and bottom pieces that cover the top and bottom plates.  You can not see any of the ornaments that were used to hold up the crystal looking pieces.




In this picture you can see the decorations better.



In this picture you can see what the top portion looked like after I was finished.




In this picture you can see what the bottom looked like after finished.




This is what the finished project looks like.   this piece looks beautiful in a garden setting.   I wanted to show everyone that the old oil lamps can be made into something unique and decorative.  



In this picture I just wanted to show you what it first looked like.  It's hard to show you how beautiful it turned out.  the crystals glimmer in the sunlight making it look like a rain shower.



No comments:

Post a Comment