Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wedding Solar Lamp

Here's another new project.  As you can see in the picture this is an old outside fixture with rounded glass inserts.  This is one of the fixtures I will be using.
 
 


Here is the other item I will be using, an old brass lamp.




After I took apart the old brass lamp these are the parts that I have to work with.  I took out all the electric from the lamp.
 



 
 
This is the long bar which you find inside of lamps when you take them apart, it holds the parts of the lamp together.  These are the bars I reuse to put different parts together, they have threads on both ends with bolts.




As you can see in the picture I've added a couple of new items which I will be using.  A globe from a light fixture, two pieces located in the front from other light fixtures that I kept from past projects.  Also you will see on the end the old light fixture without the glass, which I took out to clean up.  The brass lamp was put together a little differently with the bar, to the way I wanted it and bolted into place on both ends.





These are the two pieces from other fixtures that I am using with this project.



After hot gluing them both together this is what they look like installed on top of the lamp.




Here is another view of what they look like on top of the lamp.




I've been waiting along time to use this decorative piece for one of my projects.  As you can seen it is an egg with a bride and groom on the inside which is decorated beautifully.  I love this piece.




As you can see I hot glued this item on top of the two pieces that I already installed on top of the lamp.  It makes a great looking stand.




I then put the glass pieces back into the old light fixture and put it on top of the lamp, you would think they both were together to start with they matched up perfectly!  I also added some fake white beads.  The bride and groom are now inside a glass in dome.




This is what the project looked like at the end.  I installed the other light fixture on top of the glass dome with hot glue, I love hot glue.  I also added some fake white beads as you can see in the photo.  I topped it off with a top off a solar light, at night it lights up the glass fixture.  Just remember you need to let the solar light get the rays from the sunlight so it can light at night.   This piece would be great for someone that just got married, or if your having a bridal shower and need a center piece for the bride and grooms table.  Or even an anniversary that you just don't know what to give them.  I hope you enjoyed this one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment