Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New York, Twin Towers, Statue of Liberty, Solar lights Project.

 
 
 
This is the lamp which I will be using for this project.
 
 
 

 
I will also being using this outdoor candle holder.





I will also be using this water globe which has new York in it, it also has the twin towers and statue of Liberty.






This is the inside of the bottom of the candle holder, I had to drill a hole in the bottom so I could install a threaded bar through it to hold all the pieces together.  I also painted the whole candle holder a beautiful metallic blue.





When I put  both the candle holder and the lamp together this is what it looked like.  As you can see I painted the lamp to.



 
 
These are some parts I used for spacing for this project.





This is what under the lamp area looked like before the spacer was added and the bolt.




I used this piece for the inside of the candle holder, I will be installing a circle mirror on top of it.




I added to the bottom inside of the candle holder some square glass tiles, they are black and white.  I also added some fake leaves.




I drilled two holes one on each side of the candle holder top for solar lights.




This is what the finished project looks like.




This is what the inside looks like.




This is what the top area looks like.  As you can see I also added a piece on the top front which was from an old dresser.  The piece on the top front was a metal dresser knob cover plate.  I painted detail on it with some white paint and painted on NY as you can see in the picture.  I also added some red beads and some white snowflakes and two fake pearls.




This is what the  bottom of the project looks like.



 
 
I tried to give you a close up of the top piece of this item.  I also added two fake pearls to hide the area in the plate where screws used to go through.  I hope this project gave you some ideas.  This is my New York City, twin towers project.  At night the twin towers and statue of liberty light up due to the solar light.



No comments:

Post a Comment