Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Here is another project from this weekends garage sales, I hope you enjoy this one!!
In this photo you can see a lamp, an outside holder for a candle (you can see the handle on top that you can hang it outside). I took out the bottom circle as I didn't need it for this project.  Also a water globe and a mirror disk. 
 
 
 
In this photo you can see the lamp which I took out all the electric wiring.
 
 
 
In this photo you can see I hot glued the mirror disk to the top of the lamp base.


 
I decided to use a California water globe for this project.  I added the water globe to the top of the mirror disk with a glue gun and also added some fake leaf vines.  I then put the candle holder which has the glass dome over top over the entire area and hot glued it down to the lamp base.
 
 

 
This is what the top looked like before I installed it on top of the lamp base.  Also in the picture you can see the top of a solar light which was installed in the opening on top.  I did not glue it down just in case in the future I need to replace the batteries for the solar light.  I made sure that I took off the metal bars that were on the inside of the candle holder.  You can see the metal bars in the photos above. This is so you can put the top of the solar light on top ( the wire was in the way)
 
 
This is what the finished project looks like.  The water globe with California lights up with the solar light over top of it.  I had fun putting this together.  This would be a great piece on a fireplace mantel or in a child's room as a night light.  You need to make sure that the solar light gets the sunlight during the day so it will light brightly at night.  You can put any scenery inside one of these candle holders, they are not just for candles anymore.  Use your imagination, a Disney scene with a princess, display for your collectables, etc.    I hope you enjoyed this one !!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment