Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, June 17, 2013

Choir of angels solar light decorative item


In this picture you will see a glass type shade which is for the top of a lamp, I will be using this for this project.

 


In this picture you will see an older type lamp which was once on the exterior of a home.  All items for this craft were purchased at garage sales with the exception of the solar light which was used.  I purchased the solar light at Walmart.



This is a round piece which was once on the top of a lamp and held a glass dome.  As you can see in the middle it has a smaller circle and three metal prongs.  I had to cut off the whole middle section (the small circle and the three prongs)



This is the lamp which I will be taking apart and using some of the items.



This is what I had once I took the lamp apart.  I won't be using all these pieces.



In this picture is the solar light looking down into the bottom of it.  I had to cut a hole through the bottom so I could use this solar light over a bar that you will see in one of the pictures to come.



This is the solar light I will be using as you can see I took off the bottom stick which I don't need for this project.



This is another view of the solar light I will be using.



In this picture you will see the circle (which I took off the small circle and the three bars).  I will be attaching the glass dome to it in the future.



This is what the light fixture looked like after I removed the small circle and the three bars.



In this picture you can see the top of the old light fixture that I showed in the beginning which was once installed on the exterior of a home.  I took off the part that I didn't need (which was the part to put it on a home)  I also drilled a larger hole in the piece so I could fit it over the metal bar which you will see in the photos below.



This is what the older fixture looked like after I removed the parts that I didn't need.  As you can see this piece has beautiful beveled glass in it which was dirty and had some oil paint which was dripped on it from a painting project.



In this photo you can see the lamp minus all the parts but the bottom piece.  It also has the metal bar in the center.



This is the older light which I took all the pieces apart so I could clean them up.  I used SSS from Avon to clean off the old paint which was on some of the panels.



I then took the pieces I needed outside and spray painted them with exterior paint.  I also took the top of the solar light and covered the square glass panels on top with newspaper before spraying it so I didn't ruin the solar panel.



These are the bars off the beveled glass old light.  These bars hold the glass in place.  I needed to spray paint them also so I had to take them all the way off the piece.



In this picture you will see the old beveled glass light fixture put back together and I installed a statue of three choir angels inside the piece.  I made sure when I spray painted this piece I painted the bar a silver color so it would reflect the light better which you can see in front of the angels.



I also added some decorative hanging pieces which glitter beautifully.  I put the wires connected under the area where there are screws on top and hot glued them on the inside also.



These are what the decorative hanging pieces look like.



I then put some sparking sprinkles on the inside on top of the angels and also on the bottom inside of this piece.  I wish you could see how they sparkle in the sun it's beautiful!!!  I looks like diamonds in the sunlight.



I then added some more of the hanging decorative pieces to the outside of this item.  I also attached the metal circle (which I cut off the small circle and three bars out of it) and on top of that I installed the glass dome.  You will also see the top of the solar light which rests on the inside of this item.  The hole I made in the bottom of the solar light plastic fits right over the bar.



In this picture I tried to get a close up of where I hung the outside decorative pieces.  This is a beautiful piece in the sunlight and also lights up at night.  I hope you enjoyed this project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment