Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, June 24, 2013

An old rusted out fire pit made a new. Gnome home

 
 
This is the item I will be transforming for this project.  A wood burning fire pit I think it's called.  I got this item from two nice people at a garage sale, I promised they would see it on my blog when I finished it.  Well I think they will be surprised.  This is what it looked like in the beginning.
 
 
 
 
 
The first thing I did was sand off the rust on the item I used a wire brush.  The next thing I did was spray paint it with outdoor spray paint.  The color I used was silver, as you can see in the picture.
 
 

Then I spray painted over top of the silver with a burgundy red color outdoor spray paint.  I also dotted it with white exterior spray paint.
The top area of this fire pit I added a light globe which I got from a garage sale this weekend.  I also added to the top of it a top of a solar light.  I also added some square tiles which were from a left over bathroom tiling job.  I also added some dry moss which I purchased at a garage sale also.  I hot glued it between the tiles, above and also below the tiles.





In this picture you can see some of the tiles when I first started to add them to the bottom area of this fire pit.   Also you can see that I started to add moss to this area also.






In this picture you can see the bottom of the fire pit.  On the inside of the fire pit I spray painted the top of a light fixture and added it to the bottom of the inside to give it a nice base start.




Inside the fire pit I painted a gnome statue which I got from a garage sale.  It had no color so I added color to him and his frog that he is riding.  I put him on top of a octagon shape base which I put on top of the light fixture base I then spray painted the octagon shape green and added moss around the top edges to give it a nice look.  I then put in the gnome and his companion.  He looks like he is very happy in his new home.  I also added some moss above the doorway area, and tiles around the bottom of the entrance way.



 
This is what the item looked like on the bottom area.




This is what the top area looked like at this point.



 
In this picture you can see a window which I painted on the top area above the doorway.  I painted a window with curtains in it and also a candle in the window.  I also added windows to the sides as you will see in the bottom photos.  I also added some fake flowers.





In this picture you can see that I also added fake flowers to the top area.




In this picture you can see what the bottom area looked like at this time.





In this picture you can see I painted a window on the side of this fire pit, it gives it the I'm home look.



This is what the side looked like.







This is the other side of the wood pit.  As you can see I also painted another window.







I tried to give you as many views of this item so you could see what it looks like around it.






This is what the back of this project looked like at the end.








This is what the top of this project looked like at the end.  You can see the upside down light globe with the top of the solar light.  This solar light lights up at night.  Sort of reminds me when you turn on your outside light on your home at night.  A gnome needs a light on his home also that turns on.







This is another view of this project.  I wanted to show everyone what can be done with a rusted out fire pit, don't throw it out when it's rusted, gnomes need homes to.  Make it into something unique for your garden area.












1 comment:

  1. What a transformation! From chiminea to gnome home! You blow my mind, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete