Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ahoy yea matties, ship with solar light at night.

 
 
 
In this picture you will see the lamp I will be using for this project.  There is also two other pieces which came from two other light fixtures, I will be using these also.
 
 
 



This is what the lamp looked like after I took the whole thing apart.  I also took out all the electrical items.




In this picture you will see another light which I took apart, the pieces from this item are around it.  This light has beveled glass.  If you have been watching my blogs I have used these type of lights before.   After taking it apart I washed up the glass and spray painted the whole thing with black exterior paint.




In this picture you will see that I put all the pieces back together again with the metal bar which held the lamp together,  However, I also added the other light fixture on top that has the beveled type glass.




In this picture I added the piece which you saw in one of the top pictures that had three prongs and a small circle in the middle.  I took out the three prongs and also the small circle.  This piece fit nicely on the top I put some hot glue around the top to hold it better.  Then I added a lamp globe which was from another lamp.  I topped it off with the top of a solar light.  The bottom of the solar light I kept to use for another project in the future.




This is what the project looks like on the bottom.





On the inside of this light fixture which has the beveled glass I added round green decorative pieces which look like the floor of the ocean.  On top of some areas of the decorative pieces I also added some fake looking tall grass which looks like plants from under the sea.  There is also a piece of netting material which hangs over the front on the inside in front of the ship.  In the middle I put a round decorative mirror which I love to use for a stand for statues and other items.  On top of the mirror I hot glued a ship and made sure the front of the ship was tilted upward.





This is what the top of this project looks like, you can see the top of a solar light.  I also added some thick braided type rope material around the top area.




I'm hoping you can see in this picture the ship, netting and round decorations.  It reminds me of  The Pirates of the Caribbean.  When the solar light lights up it looks kind of spooky.  





This is what the project looks like finished.




I'm hoping in one of these pictures you can see the inside better.  






This is another view of the inside top area.





This is another view of this item.




Here is another view of this item.  I had fun creating this project.  For any of you out there that love ships, boats etc. this would be a great item to add to a collection.  I hope this project gave you all some ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment