Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Monday, June 10, 2013

 
This is a new project, I hope you enjoy seeing this one which is made of an old light fixture.

This is what the light fixture looked like when I purchased it from a garage sale this weekend.  I got a really good deal on it.
 
 
I had my husband cut off the bottom pieces with a special metal cutting saw.  The pieces that were cut off I will use for another project at some point.  The white item is a hanging basket (which you put a plant into) you can see the chain which is still attached.  I attached it onto the old light fixture with another piece from another light fixture and bolted it down with a nut.
 

 
In this photo you can see a light globe from another old light.  Also a solar light which I will be using (The color for this solar light changes colors red, blue and green)  I love solar lights.  You can also see a water globe with a scenery of Roma in it.
 
 
This is what the two pieces look like together.  The hanging basket and the piece off the old light fixture that you saw in the beginning.  I put them both together with a threaded pole and nut.  I also spray painted them both to match.
 
 
I then added the globe from another light and hot glued on the mirror disk with the roma water globe on top.
 
 
I then took the piece outside and added another piece of threaded bar to the bottom.  The planter in the picture I purchased from another garage sale, I spray painted it the same color as the item, and added a little gold detail. I also added some fake vines to make it look nice.  I was lucky and the planter had a little pipe in the bottom of it, that my bar slid right into.  However, I took silver duct tape and put tape around it to hold it sturdy.
 
 
This is what the finished project looks like.  I put some rocks in the planter for weight and also filled it up with dirt.  I planted some flowers in the planter.  I also installed the solar light on the top of the light globe.  At night it looks beautiful the color changes from red, blue and green.  This was a unique piece that can be made with any type of old fixtures.  The woman I got the old light fixture from was going to throw it out but now it's a beautiful garden piece.  Don't throw out an old fixture refurbish it into something new.  From something old to something new.  I hope you enjoyed this one.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment