Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Friday, June 21, 2013

Older lamps made a new, just unique!!!!

 
 
In this picture you will see one of the old lamps which I'm using for this project.  I will only be using some of the parts off this lamp as you will see.  I used the smaller pieces on this lamp to make up a nice decorative piece for the top of the project.
 
 


In this picture is the other lamp I will be using.  I will be using this whole lamp, however I will be taking out the electrical units.  This lamp doesn't have much to it but when I'm done with it, it will look unique!!




The bar that comes out the side of this lamp I had to drill a hole in it to hold a metal bar so I could install an item.




this is what it looked like when I drilled a hole in it.



 
This is another view of the hole.  You can also see the end of the bar which still has the electrical part that holds a fixture which I will be taking off.



 
In this picture you will see a lantern looking item which was used to hold a candle for the outdoors.  However, if you look on the inside I drilled a hole in the middle so I could install it on the bar with a threaded bar and bolts.  You can also see another part off another lamp.




In this picture you can see the hole I drilled in the candle holding item.  There is a little glass door which opens in the front of this item.  This makes a great piece to put anything in to display.



This is the other item I'm showing it close up so you can see what it looked like before changing it.




In this picture you can see the bar on the lamp and I put the bar through the hole in both pieces.  I also added a metal spacer on the bottom to take up some space.



I also added the candle holder on top and bolted all the pieces into place.


 
This is what the bar off the side of the lamp looks like at this time.   It still has the electrical piece connected at the end which will be taken off.  



 
In this picture you will notice I have added different pieces from a lot of different lamps.  I also spray painted this item with gold and black outdoor paint.




This is what the inside of the candle holder looked like when I hot glued a candle ornament over the screw and bolt area.  As you can see in the middle you can see the bar in the middle.  This item used to be an ornament that plugged into a light set for the holidays.  the wires were removed.




After adding two small solar lights to the top of the candle holder in two small holes now they will light up inside the candle holder.  I also glued down beautiful glitter on the inside of the candle holder so when the solar lights light up it will look like diamonds on the bottom under the fake candles.  Also On the long part of this lamp I also installed a light globe with the top of a solar light in it.  This solar light changes colors from green to red to blue at night.  I also added two plastic gold flower decorations to the lamp on both sides.  These two gold flowers use to have screws in them and were used for holding back curtains.  They make beautiful additions to this project.




This is a close up of the top of this project.  I also added some red beads.  If you look in the center on the bottom area you can see the fake flower on this side.  There a two of them on this, one of each side.



 
This is another close up of the top.  There are five different pieces from the other lamp to make up this decorative top piece.  Also the glass globe from another lamp fixture.



 
This is a close up of the side decorative item.  On the inside of the candle holder is the fake candle trio which was an ornament.  I also added some nutcrackers between the fake candles so I could hide the screws and bolts.  There are three nutcrackers hot glued on the inside.  there is also glitter on the floor.  You can also see the red beads that were installed and the two tops off the cheap solar lights.


 
 
I tried to get a close up of the nutcracker men on the inside and also the beautiful glitter that looks like diamonds when light hits it.

 

 
 
This is another close up view of this item.





This is the top of the solar light which is in the light globe on top.  The items I used for this project were not nice looking at all but with a little imagination they were turned into something unique.  Remember just because a lamp is bland and old looking doesn't mean it can't be changed into a one of a kind item.  I hope this project gave you some ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment