Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A once water fountain transformed into a beautiful piece. Solar light with planter

 
 
 
This is the item I will be transforming.  When I got this item it was broken on the bottom.  The girl was no longer connected to the bottom.  The first thing I did was use construction glue to glue her back on to the base area.  This used to be a water fountain but I'm going to use it for a planter. 

 
 

This is what the back of this item looked like.




After adding paint to this item this was what it looked like finished.  I first spray painted the whole thing with black exterior paint so it would be easier to paint it.  I knew that it would also be protected from the outside weather with the exterior spray paint.  I then started to paint the detail work.  I found really nice metallic blue exterior spray paint which I used for her dress.  There are so many beautiful colors to choose from.  I also painted red roses, green leaves which I did some light color green on the leaves too to give it a look like the sun was on the leaves.  The bottom I spray painted some white on it and red.  I also painted the decorative items with a metallic gold color paint ( from a craft store).



 
I tried to give you a good view of what the bottom looks like now.




This is what the side of this item looks like.




this is what the back looks like.



 
This is what the other side looks like.





This is a close up of what her face and hair looks like.




This is another view of this item.  I want you to also notice the rose on the top which the water use to come out of at one time.  However, I will be installing a top of a cheap solar light into the top of the rose so it lights up at night.  I don't miss adding solar lights if I can.




This is just a reminder of what the base looked like when I first got this item.  Any statue can have color added to it to make it look a lot better.  Don't settle for the drab gray color.  Add your own unique style to the piece.   I hope you got some ideas of how you can paint your statues or an old water fountain to give it a new look.



No comments:

Post a Comment