Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Old tiffany style lamp, lighthouse, turned into something unique. Solar light.

 
 
These are some pieces I will be using for this project.  These are different pieces from different style lamps.  You can also see a cap for a PVC pipe, which I drilled a hole in the top of it.  The PVC cap is going to go over the area that gets cut off on the long pipe which you will see in a photo below.
 
 


I will also be using this fake tiffany style hanging lamp.  I bought this at a garage sale it had no electric installed in it.




Your probably wondering what is that?  Well this used to hold a table umbrella, it's an older one.  I will also be using this.




As you can see in this picture I cut off the bar that was extended on top.  This is the area that I will be installing the pvc cap.



I then spray painted this item with outdoor metallic blue paint.



I then added the fake tiffany style hanging lamp upside down on top of the umbrella holder.



I tried to get a good close up of the fake tiffany lamp where it is connected to the other piece.



This is what the inside top looks like.  As you can see I spray painted all the pieces so they would match.  I used a lamp topper for the top.




This is a lighthouse that used to hold a candle.  I started taking the top portion off, I will be installing a solar light on top that changes color from red to blue to green.  



I then added some fake ivy and flowers around this item.



This is the solar light I will be using for this project, I love solar lights!!  I just need this piece, not the stick bottom.



This is the lighthouse minus the top.  The solar light fits right down into this area.



As you can see in this photo I installed the lighthouse in the center of this item and the solar light right on top.



this is what the top looked like finished off.  The solar light will light up the lighthouse at night with the three different colors. Also if you look inside the lighthouse you will see the top of the lamp fixture.  I hope you can see what an old umbrella holder can be with a little imagination.  


No comments:

Post a Comment