Ad sense auto

Google analytics

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Plastic Bubble Gum Machine turned into a snow globe for Christmas in July. Teddy Bear, Mouse, Solar light

 
 
This is the plastic bubble gum machine I will be using for this project. 
 
 
 

 
I will also be using a candle holder which is octagon shape.  As I did in one of my other projects with the same type of candle holder I drilled a hole in the bottom of it and also painted it red to match the bubble gum machine.  As you can see in the picture I attached the candle holder to the top of the bubble gum machine after I dismantled the top portion.  You can see I took off the globe top.




I wanted to show you the globe had a red piece on it which I needed off.  So I cut off the red areas on top of the globe so that I could slide this globe right over the candle holder.




I attached a piece off a light fixture to the inside of the candle holder so I could install a round decorative mirror on top.




If you look inside the candle holder I installed the light fixture piece and the mirror on top.  On top of the mirror is a teddy bear wearing striped PJ's and holding his teddy bear.




Once I placed the round globe from the bubble gum machine over top of the candle holder I installed another piece from a light fixture, you can see the holes that wires once came through.  I spray painted the piece with white exterior spray paint.




In this picture I tried to give you a better idea of what I did.  All the way on top is the top of a solar light which I painted red to match the piece.  Then under the solar light cap you will see the light fixture piece that I painted white.  The holes that were in the piece I hot glued some shiny decorative marble pieces over top so the holes no longer show.  I added some beads under and over this area.  Then you can see the plastic globe for the bubble gum machine which I installed the candle holder inside of.  Inside the candle holder is the statue of the teddy bear.  The base of the bubble gum machine I left the color red but I put some white detail color on it and some decorative marbles glued on to the bottom area.



In this photo you can see a close up of the candle holder in the globe.



 
In this picture you can see the beads I glued on around the area where you turn the knob for the gum.  I also put a bell on this area.



In this picture you can see in the bottom of the gum machine where the gum ball comes out I installed a statue of three mice on a sled.  I made it look like they were coming out of the bubble gum machine.



This is just another close up of the bear.



This is the solar light top I used which I painted red to match the bottom area.



this is a picture of what this item looks like finished.  I also added some snowflakes to make it look like a snow globe.



This is another close up of the top of this item.



This is the back of the bubble gum machine.  There was an opening in the back which needed to be covered up.  What better way but to install a sleeping squirrel with his Christmas stocking hanging over his head.  The hole in the back now looks like the opening he goes in and out of and he is sleeping in a wreath over top of the hole area.



This is what the bottom front looks like.



This is the area where money is put in and the knob for turning for the gum.  The close up shows the beads and bell that was installed over this area.



I tried to give you another view of this item from the back.  This would make a beautiful addition to your Holiday decorating.  The solar light I installed changes colors.  So the inside of the globe has red, blue and green at different times.  I hope this gives you some ideas that you can use those old bubble gum machines for.  It doesn't matter if the machine works or not if you do this with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment